KA HINKHUO

Saturday, February 2, 2008

'KA HINKHUO'
a memoir By Upa Nengkhenthang Samte
Who am I, who are my brothers and who are my families?
(I Samuel 18:18)

While Glorifying the Almighty God, our Lord, His guidance and benevolence throughout the past 25 years where He makes me serve Him in His Vineyard as District Secretary, Singngat Dist., MELC(Manipur Evangelical Lutheran Church) with His guidance and strength, I Also, give my regards to His Holy members of the Church. With the favour of my colleague in Singngat Dist., MELC, I was honour to have a Thanksgiving Programme for my humble service of 25 years as Dist., Secretary as a part of the 45th Singngat Dist., MELC Annual Session and the 43rd Singngat Dist., MELC Annual Session held at Zabellei Village. Again my thanks to the Church leaders and women Department leaders.

Also, I thank Singngat Dist., MELC, ELWA & LYF members of Singngat Dist., who inspite of all their hectic schedule spare their valuable time to make the event/programme a grand success. And, also to each and everyone. I assured that our good God will never make our efforts a vain.

Today, we condole again my colleague as Church elders/Deacon within our District namely – Upa Awnchinkhup, Kullian, Upa Khamchin, Mongken, Upa Zamkholam, Allusingtam, Upa Khupsuanhang, Muallum, Upa Thangchinkham, Singngat, Upa Ginsuankap, M. Lunmual and Dr. Upa Tongkhokai, Zomi Colony who was ordained with me to be Church Elder/Deacon, Rev. T. Doupu, Moderator who ordained me to serve Him, also Rev. PK Khama, Upa T. Donglam, Upa T. Khamkhozam, whom I worked with them from 1976 as Executive Member/ Standing Committee Member MELC Hq., Rev. Ginzapau who ministered my Holy Matrimony with my wife. They all had left for the Chelesterial City – Heaven, and I badly want them to be here with me at this moment. May their souls rest in peace with God.

I have faced many difficulties while I planned this programme. Many things like – will this programme will hurt God’s sentiment? Would God be pleased to have organized such an event. But then as it was a thanks giving time, giving thanks to Him and only Him, I was again emotionally comforted and safe. Not the least, I also faced many physical difficulties like finances and health. I was exhorted by my wife and that gives me strength when I’m down. Also, some of my family members- young and old, my eldest son Jamchinpau, his younger brothers and sisters, who are staying in different places, who will not be able to grace the thanks giving programme saddens me. But, when I realize that it was His blessings, I prayed to God and say ‘Thank You Lord’.

I thank my friends who helped me while making this programme and this booklet. My thanks again to Pu Liansuankap who prepared all the type settings of this booklet. Also my very special thanks to all my colleague from MELC Hqtrs., and UZO Hqtrs., India.

To be very sincere, during my 25 years of serving Our Lord, in Singngat Dist., I do not have any achievement, not even a single one to mention. The only thing that I have achieve will be my weaknesses & unworthiness in front of Him.

Lastly, things that makes me happy and content is that :

Earlier, we make Tuesday as Youth/Children worship service Day, then for the sake of our children who goes to school we make/change it to be on Friday.
In our Youth Governance, earlier we called our departmentals as Ministers which we called Secretaries today. For this I guess that my efforts was implemented when I was the General Secretary, MYCA.
Last but not the least, another point which please me was that ZYO (Zou Youth Organisation) which I co-founded with Pu Thongsuan and Pu Suankhanmang at Singngat, was now an active philanthropic organization for our tribe. And besides all this, my sweetheart Mrs. Goikhanman is also serving to the very best of her capabilities at Singngat Dist., MELC as Secretary, ELWA (Evangelical Lutheran Women Association) for 6 years and Chairperson for 9 years. Also, if God will she will be in His service as Vice-Chairperson till 2008. For this, I once again glorify His Holy name. Though we called ourselves serving the Lord, we did nothing – just nothing to please the Lord. Anyway, once again I would like to thank again everyone who helped me while I’m giving thanks to the Lord our GOD for his goodness and for leading me to serve Him in his Kingdom. Giving all the glory to Him in the highest, may the Lord be with us and may His blessing be upon us. Amen.

This is anEnglish Translation of KA HINKHUO by Upa Nengkhenthang .Released by Pu T Hangkhanpao on 9th December 2007 At Zabellei On Thangks Giving Progammee


0 comments:

My Blog List

  © Blogger template Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP